Idioms related to Time, War, Way, Seeing and No
Time Idioms
1. Don't watch TV anymore. It is a waste of time.
2. Can you spare me a few minutes with English assignment.
3. I work till late every weekdays so the time I spend with my daughter in the weekend is very precious to me.
4. We can't afford to spend any more time for shopping online. We have a lot of housework.
5. Let's start right now. We don't have plenty of time to finish this job.
War Idioms
1. We've gained ground in the sports beverage market. We will get number one sports beverage selling status in the world in 2010.
2. I believe that he won't accept the illegal pressure from high position. He is the strict person who refuse to give up without a fight.
3. I sometimes feel I am poor at English vocabulary. I need to reinforce the vocabulary.
4. After our company admitted some defauls of our product, we were bombarded with recall.
5. Prepare for the presentation of our plans very precisely. There will be a big battle between accounts department and us to get more budget.
Way Idioms
1. Let's study English to pave the way for our life.
2. We are too set in our ways to accept new compensation system.
3. Recently the govenment has recruited employees into high position from the private sector without the regualr test so we officials in low position have less worked our way to the top.
4. It is very difficult to have a husband who has it both ways to earn a lot of money and to have a lot of vacation.
5. I was late for the morning meeting due to drinking too much last night so my boss was angry. I'd better keep out of his way for the time being.
Seeing Idioms
1. I'm not very happy with your housework. I see. Today I will come back home early and finish it perfectly.
2. After all, he came to see it from my point of view.
3. Open your eyes. He is the only man that loves you.
4. Keep in your mind the useful maxim "Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, half shut afterwards".
5. I have seen through her lies but I still like her.
No Idioms
1. You didn't study hard. No wonder you failed the exam.
2. If you cheat your careers, there is no way that you will last your presidendy.
3. Finishing all homework by tomorrow is no joke.
4. Participating English course successfully is no picnic.
5. He is late for meeting again in the morning. No doubt he slept late yesterday.
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Idioms
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very nicely done! You gave additional information on many of the expressions that helped explain the meaning. Please try to do the same for all of them.
Great work.
Post a Comment